Friday, October 8, 2010

News from England


Hilltop - Maggy Howarth's house
I visited Maggy Howarth at her studio in Lancashire, England in September. We were setting up and shooting an instructional dvd which will show people how to make a pre-cast pebble mosaic. It is intended to replace the 5-day workshop that I took last September with her, and which Maggy won't be teaching anymore. I am now in the process of editing the footage, which hopefully won't take too long, as it will be very useful for us to view before we begin our project this fall.

Once the video was filmed, I had some time with Maggy to discuss our project. We talked about the design ideas we had come up with, and I showed her the images that some of us had sketched out. She promised to think things over and send us some design ideas of her own.

After the week at Maggy's, Alastair and I went to Scotland, and were able to visit a private home near Haddington, Stevenson House. It has one of Maggy's mosaics installed in an interior, open-air courtyard. It was magnificent, and so large it was impossible to photograph in one piece. Here are a few details.

No comments:

Post a Comment